Welcome to the NFTC FoundationInspiring global trade to enhance economic growth throughout the world
About the NFTC Foundation
Incorporated in 1979, the National Foreign Trade Council Foundation is the educational arm of the National Foreign Trade Council (NFTC). The NFTC Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization incorporated under the laws of the state of New York. As approved by its board of directors, the NFTC Foundation’s mission is to inspire, promote, encourage and facilitate international trade and investment in order to enhance economic growth and job creation throughout the world. The Foundation does not lobby; its activities are confined to educational initiatives.
Founded in 1914, the National Foreign Trade Council is the oldest and largest trade association devoted entirely to advocating an open, rules-based international trade system. Its activities encompass international trade policy, international tax policy, human resources, and unilateral economic sanctions. The NFTC is headquartered in Washington, D.C.
The NFTC Foundation’s mission is to inspire, promote, encourage and facilitate international trade and investment in order to enhance economic growth and job creation throughout the world.
To further its mission, the NFTC Foundation:
- Conducts seminars, lectures and meetings to encourage and promote public understanding of international economics and trade and investment;
- Provides members of the National Foreign Trade Council with current information and analysis on international economics and trade and investment;
- Conducts research and study on the problems and opportunities in international economics and foreign trade and investments;
- Publishes, disseminates, and makes available to the public information, statistical data, and the results of such research and study, and other material of an educational nature relating to international economics and foreign trade and investment;
- Establishes and maintains continuing programs for the interchange of information between government and industry in regard to international economics and foreign trade and investment;
- Engages in other activities connected with the Foundation’s mission, but not for the pecuniary profit or financial gain of its members directors, or officers, except as permitted under Article 5 of the New York Not-For-Profit Corporation Law.
The Global Innovation Forum is a nonprofit effort housed under the NFTC Foundation that connects entrepreneur, small business, corporate, development, and university communities with policymakers to explore the opportunities and challenges of engaging in the global marketplace.
GIF serves as a hub for startup, university and development communities around the world to communicate with officials and advisers, discover public and private resources to succeed, and improve the public policy landscape to enable global innovation.
For more information, visit www.globalinnovationforum.com.
NFTC Foundation Annual World Trade Dinner & Awards Ceremony
Each year, the NFTC Foundation organizes and hosts the World Trade Dinner, the oldest and most prestigious dinner of its kind. The dinner provides an opportunity to improve the understanding of the impact of global trade on economic growth and job creation and honor the contributions of policymakers and business leaders who have contributed most to the rules-based global economy. During its long history, the World Trade Dinner has been attended by cabinet officers, Members of Congress, heads of state and the head of the United Nations and World Trade Organization.
2019 World Trade Dinner & Award Ceremony
Thursday, December 5, 2019
Cocktails 6:00 pm, Dinner and Awards Ceremony 7:30 pm
Andrew W. Mellon Auditorium
1301 Constitution Ave NW, Washington, DC
Honorees & Keynote: TBA
Live Music * Complimentary Valet Parking * Special Gifts and Prizes
Table sponsorships are available. Contact Marshall Lane at email@example.com for details.